Sunday, October 24, 2004

Of Churches and Jun

I'm back for a temporary respite from military training. I had range
(live firing) this week. Range, is one of the many examples of SAF inefficiency. *Shudder* that's all about SAF. Now that I'm out, my tekong memories shall remain in tekong!

I miss church! I missed church! Argh, I set my alarm for 9am, but it was an half hearted attempt - placed the alarm clock within reach. As expected, I don't even recall shutting off the alarm. I just woke up with it off. Assuming that my aunt would wake me up made me complacent. The whole family overslept! This shows that the church attendence of this particular extension of the Lim family depends on one person - my aunt! What happened was that she woke up at 730am to wash my clothes *guilty expression* but had a splitting headache that forced her to bed. The next time she woke up was 1030, and the whole house was still sleeping. Thinking it was already too late for church as service starts at 1030, she didn't bother to wake us up. I woke up at 11. I wished she had woken me up at 1030. I would have rushed down to church in a cab. I have field camp next thursday, meaning that I'll miss church again. Argh.

Sigh anyway, I watched De-lovely last night with Jun. Beautiful show, loved the music, and the company was great! Okay, more specifically the company on my immediate right was great. If you know what the movie is about, you'll understand why so many gays were in the cinema with us. De-lovely is based on the life of Cole Potter, a famous(yes famous, I just didn't know who he was till I watched the film =p) composer and an apparent gay. He was flamboyantly gay. Back to what I was saying. It so happened that Jun and I were sandwiched in between 2 gay couples. And the gay couple of my left were leaning against each other. Two macho, beefy looking guys leaning on each other's shoulders. Goodness. I don't think I'm that much of a homophobic, but that really disturbed me.

Jun was in a lousy mood in the day. It surprised me how much her mood affected mine. I've always known that I'm like an emotional mirror, feeling the emotions of my companions. If they're happy, I'm happy. If they're upset, I feel upset as well. Maybe this is normal human behaviour, but haha I've never bothered to find out if others are like that. Anyway, if you're curious, her mood improved and we enjoyed the rest of the day, and night =)

I miss her already ..

No comments: