Monday, November 15, 2004

Army .. Jun .. Dust .. Alive ..

For the uninitiated, I have been enjoying a welcome break from the monotony and incomparable lameness of army life. Tonight's my fifth and last night home since I booked out on Wednesday evening.

The past five days have been heaven, pure bliss. I felt alive again. No, I'm not exaggerating, army drains the life out of me. It forces me to put my life on partial hiatus, and seperates me from Jun. I know I sound unpatriotic, selfish, and immature. I don't really care, I want my freedom.

True, I'm fitter now, and I've made some pretty good friends. I see different sides of human nature. I see how petty people let power, however little, get in their heads. The ability to command and control others overwhelms them. For outside of BMTC, outside of Tekong, they're nothing. I see people aiming for such power. People who would work hard for it. Some put in their best in everything they do and show a genuine concern for their platoon mates. Others work only when they're observed by superiors. They're hypocritical. Then there are those like me, looking on in amusement, and praying desperately for a 8-5 vocation.

Why do I want that so badly? I want my life back, that's why. Being able to sleep in one's own bed, to live under my own roof. That's bliss. Being able to meet Jun everyday, to spend time with her, to sit by the beach, to talk on the phone without a time limit! Simple pleasures that normal couples enjoy, we cherish. I slept less than 4 hours every night for the past few days. My eyes are puffy and red. But I'm happy. Jun's tired out too. But she's happy. (haha, I hope she is)

BMT improved my fitness but dulled my mind. Haha, I write in disjointed sentences, and dictionary.com is a tool frequently used.

Anyway, to lighten the mood, here's some good news! I have to declare it to the whole world, er, or at least the few people who read my blog. And .. it's about Jun again! Haha, surprise, surprise.
Here's what happened. Jun offered to help me clean up my room. Frankly, I was under the impression that she would just help stack some stuff up, throw others away, and maybe help mop the floor a little. Boy, I was way off the mark. We emptied my room of practically everything movable that weren't in cupboards or drawers, re-arranged furniture, re-organised my stuff and did some major, major clean-up. Every single square that made up my window grills was painstakingly wiped. My bed was pulled out, hidden treasures retrieved, and dust mites engaged. Dust had no chance against Jun. Armed with a wet cloth and a vacuum cleaner, she went after them with a vengence. Interestingly though, she seems to think dust is alive. Haha. She looks at cockroaches with nothing more than a passing interest, but cringe from clumps of dust balls and calls for help in a cute whiney voice that I seldom hear. Adorable. *Grin*

Jun (wiping 8 years worth of dust off window ledge):
"EEEEEYER!!! Bring a tissue"

Shaun(in the midst of relocating computer):
*thinks to himself, must be some insect* "Ok dear! Hang on!" *rushes to Jun with a tissue"

Jun(visibly flinching, cringing away from a spot on the window ledge):
"Dust! Look at all the dust!"

Shaun(amused):
"Relax, they're not alive."

Jun(in a high pitch absolutely adorable voice):
"HOW YOU KNOW?!"

Shaun(...):
*stares* ... *blinks* ... *burst out laughing*



I love Jun. (She even scrubbed the dust off the wall!)

No comments: