Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tagged

Janet "tagged" me, meaning that I unwittingly joined a game of "5 random/weird facts about yourself".

I must warn you that I don't have anything really funny to share, but here goes.

Five Random Facts About Me

1) I used to travel a lot as a kid. My dad was working as a ticketing clerk for SIA and our family travelled for free as a result. Well, on one particular over-night flight, I kept waking my dad up, saying that I needed to go to the toilet. The poor man had to wake up, walk me over to the toilet, let me in, and wait outside while I supposedly go out my business. After the 3rd or perhaps 100th time, he exasperatedly asked his 4 year old son why the heck he needed to go to the toilet every 5 mins. I innocently answered that I loved the way the toilet flush works, running blue-colored water into the toilet bowl then sucking everything with a loud "swoosh". Turned out that I didn't need to pee. All I did was to stand by the toilet bowl and press the flush a couple of times.

2) I suspect that I would have grown up with perfect eyesight if I had not, at the age of 6, idolised my elder cousin who is 5 years older than me. Wesley was bespectacled, and I thought that was cool. Many a leisure afternoon was then spent ruining my eyesight. Methods included switching on the telly and sitting with my nose barely an inch from the screen and reading lying down with the book inches from my eyes. I suspect it was the former that did the trick. At the age of 7 I was a happy owner of a pair of plastic glasses, power -0.5. Things spiraled out of control from there .. and today I stand .. almost blind without my specs. Right eye -6.5. Left eye -8.0. Sigh.

3) Talking about eyes. One of my eyes is actually a little smaller than the other. My left pupil kinda sticks to the upper part of the eye, giving it a slightly "lazy" look compared to its right counterpart. It isn't that obvious when I smile, so maybe that's why I'm always smiling. *grin*

2 more to go....

4) I had my first crush when I was 5, in the first year of kindergarden, and she came from a chinese-speaking family. I remember calling her, then yelling "WO AI NI!!!!!!" into the phone. If my memory serves me correctly, she ran straight to her mum and told her about the crazy guy on the phone. I think I got scolded. Haha .. can't really remember. Balls of steel, young Shaun. What happened to me now?!

5) Last one. Hrms. I can't remember the last time I went for an extended period without having a crush on a girl, feeling depressed abt unrequitted love, pinning over lost love, trying to court a girl, winning back an ex, or getting upset that I was failing. Now, I'm just, well, still girl crazy, but there's no one on my mind. Nobody in particular. It feels a little funny. Haha. Seriously.

All right. So. The 5 people to be tagged. I wonder if more than 5 people read my blog .. but here goes:

1) Cabbage Sha
2) K1 Jasmine
3) Funky Jayfif
4) - - Jeryd
5) Spellbinding Glenn

Eh actually I think Wanqi should be pretty free .. so ..

6) Pouty Woonchy

Rules: type 5 random stuff about yourself on your blog, then tag another 5 or more folks to continue. great time-killer.

No comments: