Friday, January 27, 2006

There's a difference, between being slack and lazy =)

I had my IPPT on wednesday. Started out with sit ups, then went on to complete all the static stations, which as usual was a breeze. After the 20 mins break came the 2.4km run. Only 2.4km. Normal folks like Weeli run 20 over clicks without breaking a sweat (sarcasm intended *grin*); what's 2.4km? Well .. it was hell for me. I almost died running it, and completed it 2 seconds after the timing required for a Silver award - 11mins 42 secs. Sigh.

Besides all the jibes I got from my camp mates, I have to go back for RT, or Remedial Training. That means that I have to book in the night before every book-in day, and go for a run the next morning, among other things like maybe push-ups or crap. I shall be optimistic. Perhaps this is my chance to go for Gold. Haha. I crack myself up sometimes.

I missed the silver award, but got award the Squardon Commanding Officer's Medallion for *cough*, displaying an extraordinary level of vigilance while on duty by spotting someone filming the runway using a hand-held video camera from a passing bus. The actual reason for my "vigilance" was that I was watching Gundam Seed on my N-gage, and was extra alert for any passing vehicles that might catch me doing so. *grin* I even got a testimonial written by my platoon officer for that. Haha, the medallion itself isn't much to look at, but the testimonial might come in handy, if I tell the story right.

My mum's coming back today. And I've been falling sick for the past few days. Still falling sick, but successfully keeping the fever at bay with chinese tea and panadols. Don't know how I'm going to maintain that over the CNY with all the bak kwas and gorgeous, gorgeous food. I'm getting a little fat around the sides, kinda like Jeryd.

No comments: