Friday, March 31, 2006

Need to write

Running my fingers across the keyboard of my Dell, I can't help but think how my brain's turning to mush. I'm too lazy even to blog, can you believe that? Actually where Shaun's concerned, that's not so unbelievable.

I'm going to have to reinstall my windows. I have a 'friendly' copy of windows installed on my laptop, and even after changing the product key to a valid one that I got from a certain tall, be-spectacled and floppy-haired source, I'm still facing problems! MSN 7.5 and above refuses to connect, SQL server 2000 and 2005 refuse to install, and Visual Studio 2005's installation file can't even be opened! And all these is due to some "Software Restriction Policy" that my automatic Windows Update must have downloaded and installed without me knowing. For the curious, I turned on automatic updates because I couldn't access the windows update page.

I'm going to have to format my C:, reinstall windows and all the other necessary applications like photoshop, itunes, winamp, flash, dreamweaver. Blah, just thinking abt doing that makes me tired. All the warez and crack hunting all over again. Cracks for winrar, winiso, kaspersky. And I have to back up my bookmarks.

Oh, and those who're emailing me on my characterchrist.org email? Stop. The domain expired .. and now my email account's unaccessible. Anyway the only two who email me there are Shalene and Jun.

I'm receiving $900 from the government. Jackson once told me this is called putting a candy in front of a kid and biting his backside.

I noticed while on the bus to AMK that there're a lot of upgrading works going on in Hougang. Work is being done to beautify the estates. Mini gardens with attractive plants and benches that have more aesthetic than practical values. I wondered if the works are timed such that when GE comes, they'll be in the final stages nearing completion, and the residents will be able to see the work their MP has done with their money. Residents of opposition wards will also be able to see through envious eyes how their fellow citizens are having their estates beautified and upgraded, with their money.

What happens if the PAP does win the 2 seats that are currently occupied by the opposition? What happens if the entire cabinet is filled with PAP members? I don't think the PAP's bad or incompetent. Our leaders are intelligent, and not visibily corrupt. Or even if they are, most people aren't affected. Of course, this is just my view, and admitedly I'm quite ignorant about politics and economics. But what if our is PM is an ass, would it be too late then to fight for a change? And what change? Would there be a qualified opposition to take over the country's reins? I was shocked to read that Chiam See Tong's damn old. Haha, I can't remember his exact age, but "damn old" is about there. What happens when he's gone? What happens when the brilliant people who lead our regime are gone? I'm no history student, but declines of empires aren't usually pretty, are they?

Anybody know who our DPM is? It's weird reading his name in a news article and not recognising it. And now I don't even remember it. Maybe I should be blogging about a subject that I'm more familiar with. Beer. No, girls. No, I don't know much about beer, and even less about girls. Programming? I totally suck. I shouldn't be outputing without first getting proper input. That means I should be reading more.

Mi Lu Bing has its own fan club. Haha, it's quite funny. Naturally, I joined it. I even did the Flash movie that's on the main page. And all while I'm supposed to be reading up on SQL Sever stored procedures, ADO.net, etc etc etc. In my defense, I did try to install Visual Studio 2005, it didn't work. Which reminds me that I need to reinstall windows. Argh.

SMS B11 to 71199 to vote for Mi Lu Bing.

Sheena was talking about Morton's. A meal for two will cost about $500. Half a grand, man. It's depressing. I'm leaving for camp in 2 hours, 45 mins. That leaves me with about 2 hours to sleep. Good night, pals.

No comments: