Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Submarine night cap

"3 All-Star burgers, all beef, all medium rare. 1 B-52 burger with potato salad, and a side order of cheese fries with extra toppings of american chilli and bacon. 3 cokes and a glass of ice water"

My All-Star was passable. Only one of the double-yolked sunny side up was perfectly runny, the other already hardened, so points off for that. The cheese was unmelted, so points off for that too. The beef was red, but not bloody enough for my carnivorous tastes, so points off for that too. Apart from the above, my burger was pretty good; not up to the high standards I have for the All-Star, but better than any other peasant burgers(sometimes my bigotry disgusts even me *grin*).

Daryl's All-Star was more of medium than medium-rare though, and that sucked. The service we got last night also sucked. It was rotten. We left not a cent behind. Not even 5 cents tips for service as crappy as what we got. I don't expect servitude, but when the customers are more polite than the serving staff, then something is very wrong isn't it?! It was almost as if we owe them money, which, hrms, technically we do don't we - the bill.

Anyway, dinner was good, and I was left feeling so full I was tempted to unbutton the top button of my jeans. We then adjourned to the inter-continental hotel for some B-52 bombings of our own *Grin*.

Now that our stomachs were sufficently lined with grease, and our hungers more than satisfied, Qingwei, Jia an, Daryl and I walked down to The Labyrinth for the highlight of the night .. muhahaha .. booze, sweet, sweet booze.

Stopped by Cheers for playing cards.

Jia an to Cashier: Do you all have playing cards?
Cashier: No
Shaun: (points to the stacks of cards on the shelf behind the cashiers) There, got cards what.
Cashier: Oh I thought he said bank card.
Shaun: What the FUCK is a bank card?! (Qw and Daryl walked out)
Cashier: Don't know, that's why I said don't have.
Shaun: ..........

Once outside, Qw chided me for being "fucking rude'. I was shocked. Haha. Yes, I'll make a conscious effort to be a nicer guy.

The Labyrinth. The best seats we managed to get was a 3 seater sofa with 2 upholstery stools, one that can be moved against a partition that then functions as a back rest, and one that is opposite the sofa with no back rests whatsoever. Jia an and I got the sofa, Qw, the partition stool, and Daryl the no-back-rest stool.

Decided on a bottle of Absolut with Lime and Cranberry juices as mixers. And then the Bridge games commenced. Drinks were good, bridge was good, then .... Qingwei started complaining that his seat was uncomfortable, and proposed a Bridge Tournament that consists of 4 games. The 2 people with the highest points after 4 games will get the sofa seats. Haha. What followed was endless laughter as Qw lost game after game, ending up moving from stool to stool for 4 Tournaments .. 16 games! Anyway to give that guy credit, he finally got his sofa seat. Haha.

We emptied the vodka with Daryl and I raring for more. A quick check with a waitress if they have Submarines, and .. they do! Both of us happily ordered one each. When the drinks arrived
, however, I had difficulty locating the shot glass in the beer, cause, there wasn't any! The tequila was already mixed with the beer! It tasted pretty good though, so no complains.

Ok, that's about it. We played "7-up" and um, "chai quan" that seriously stressed my intoxicated brain. Intoxicated, but, not drunk! Haha, there's a difference. Shared a taxi, and that's the end of the night.

-

I wonder if political parties in any other country run kindergartens. Singaporean kids are exposed to the PAP since age 5, where we(or at least I) innocently thought that it was a school. My grandmother used to say it was "time to go to PAP".

The uniform was also in the party's colours - blue, white and a red tie. The party's logo is also displayed prominently outside the kindergartens and I think we used jotter books with their logo as well. Can't really remember.

Just wondering. Does the PAP pay for the operations of the kindergarten from their party fund? I wonder if the WP or some other party can start a kindergarten.

Here's their website

No comments: