Monday, April 17, 2006

Army Rice Table



Met up with my Field Defence Course mates last night for dinner at Suntec's Rice Table. Ever eaten there? It's an a-la-carte buffet where they first serve you the whole menu, which incidentally, isn't much. Thereafter, you can order specific dishes from passing staff. The problem is that the staff don't walk pass you often, and even when you do place your orders, they might conveniently forget the entire order, arrive with half of what you ordered or take so long to bring the food that you lose the momentum that all good eaters know is essential to a proper buffet meal.

In short, lousy place. Great company though. I love those guys. After the course, we were seperated into different platoons. Some of us were posted to other airbases, so we hardly have time to meet. I didn't feel that much for them when I was in course. I hated the army, and everything to do with it. I still do hate the army of course, I just appreciate the friendships that are built while we're all doing time. Maybe it's the same-shithole mentality. We're all in shit together, so that's something that actually bonds us together.

No comments: