Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Last Stand

Readers of David Eddings' famous series, The Belgariad know aboout the Mimbrate knights, and their defination of the Last Stand. Instead of throwing down their arms and begging for mercy when hopelessly surrounded, these brave knights choose instead to gather in a compact circle, arms at the ready for the inevitable onslaught of enemies.

Eventually, the knights in their plate mail and wielding their heavy swords, will fall. Their death matters not to them. They die with their pride and dignity intact. They die bringing down with them as many cursed foes as possible. They die, in a blaze of glory.

X-men : The Last Stand, totally disappointed me. Nice effects and all, but it's a totally ridiculous plot! The plot mechanisms require you to shut down at least half of your brain just to be able to watch the movie without exclaiming "what the bloody f."

I pray that Superman Returns will be a much, much, better movie.

Oh, and read David Eddings The Belgariad and The Mallorean, each a series of 5 books. I read both of them at least 5 times through in chronological order, and a couple of choice books from the series at random. I LOVE them. I was 15 though, when I first started on the series. So, forgive me if they come across as a little childish.

No comments: