Friday, July 07, 2006

3 taxis and a kia


Daryl was sending me home after we watched Superman Returns. Jianming was in the front passenger seat and I was sitting in the middle rear seat leaning on the front passenger seats and chatting with Daryl and Jianming.

We were travelling along Punggol road, approaching bus stop B08 at approximately 1235am when we saw this blue comfort taxi stop suddenly to pick up a passenger. A yellow citycab was immediately behind it and jammed its breaks to avoid crashing into the comfort taxi. Daryl responded by changing to the right lane.

Then, stupidity struck. The retarded citycab driver decided time was too precious to waste on waiting for the comfort cab to move on, so he suddenly moved to the right lane. Daryl slammed his brakes and honked for all his car's worth, swerving to the right and narrowly missed the stupid citycab.

All 3 of us turned to curse at the two stupid taxis when ... a bright yellow light filled my vision and I turned to the left to see a taxi crashing into the back of Daryl's car. OUCH. My left hip, which was leaning against the backrest of the car hurt from the impact.

The first 2 cabs started to drive off. Cursing and swearing, I whipped out my handphone and started entering their license plate numbers. I finished with the first cab, and stared at the city cab's license plate. But somehow, the numbers just didn't register in my stunned brain. Wasted. The citycab's the main culprit. Asshole.

We got out of the car, and settled things with the cab driver that knocked into Daryl's car. That's the summary. Lazy to go into details. Anyway, we called comfort to lodge a complaint against the first comfort driver who stopped to pick the passenger up. Pity that we didn't get the license number of the citycab driver.

My hip hurt, and I was supposed to book into camp later on. Eureka. I went to Changi Hospital, spent 1 hour waiting to see the doctor, and walked away with painkillers, muscle rub, and one day mc.

-

On a brighter note, Qingwei got commissioned today as a Police Inspector! Daryl, Jianming and I went to the Home Team Academy to attend his commissioning parade. We arrived too early. Thankfully there were a couple of look-worthy beings to entertain us. Or rather we entertained ourselves looking out for and at them.

Daryl, Me(if you don't know that why are you here?!), Jianming

No comments: