Thursday, July 27, 2006

Demise

My laptop; my old friend who has stuck with me through thick and thin, from visual basic 6 to visual basic.net, has died. I brought it out yesterday to the national library and after carrying it around the entire day, it started freezing up shortly after I brought it home. Sent it to PC Clinic at Sim Lim Square where Jianming and his collegues operated on the poor guy and pronounced him dead at approximately 715pm.

I'm now laptop-less and am typing this on Jasmin's desktop. Her desktop doesn't have broadband, so I dragged an extremely long network cable from the modem in my room to the desktop in the hall, excavated a dust-covered network card from my long dead desktop and transferred it to her desktop, and there you have it, desktop with broadband.

No comments: