Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Words

The bad thing about staying in hall is that I do not taking public transport often. And why would that be bad? Because the less public transport I take, the less I read, and the less I read, the worse my writing becomes.

I bought Praise of Folly by Erasmus for $3.90 at a recent NUS book fair. Thumbing through the book, snippets of it reminded me of Oscar Wilde's style of satire, and so I chose it over Moby Dick that I was intending to buy. Why not buy both? Because $8.90 is a reasonable price to pay for good beer, but not books. =D

"i see the disgust in their eyes
as they mentally condemn me
it's a superficial world we live in
and looks are all they see

i hear them mumble, "2.5"
as they walked past me
their howling laughter
muffling the breaking of my heart

it's not my fault i'm ugly
i didn't ask to look this way
won't they stop and see
the virtue of my soul"

No comments: