Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Eating Machine, and other short stories

I'm an eating machine, or otherwise known to Serene as simply, "The Pit". I love drinking, and am known by my NUS friends as "Iron Liver". My NUS friends should meet Daryl and Co, and Serene should meet Sheena. Then I'll be exposed as just a lazy bum masquerading as a geek. Ok, I admit there isn't really a link there.

Today shall be known as the day I paid off some of my sleep debt. It feels good you know, sleeping. I should really do it more often. Pastor Deborah called shortly after I fell asleep in the afternoon, but it was a pleasant interruption. She said she thought of me, and wondered how I was. That was a sweet gesture, and very much appreciated.

Today's also the day I caught up with old friends. Met Jianming for Dinner-II after I had my Dinner-I of economical packet rice at home. Had a king-size mushroom-swiss-heavy-mushroom meal each despite my mum's long-distance-from-shanghai warning that a study-conducted-in-hong-kong showed that french fries are actually, surprise surprise, cancerous. Pretty much every single thing you put in your mouth is hazardous in some way, and since I'm young and not terribly far-sighted, I don't care. Haha. Fries taste good anyway. Although the ones we had tonight were lacking in salt. We'll go back to the catching up with old friends soon right after the next paragraph.

Today shall be known as the day I first stepped foot into Mustafa Centre, the 24-hour shopping centre in Singapore. I used "the" cause I assume it's the only one? Correct me if I'm wrong! Anyway Mustafa was pretty cool, much like the older shopping centres in Shanghai but of course with a lot more offerings. I needed to get washing detegerent and a fan, but since I didn't drive, it would be ridiculous to buy them there and then lug them home on the train. So I didn't. It was quite an experience though, and a point off my mountain-turtle-worm-under-rock scale.

Today's also the day I caught up with old friends-II. After Mustafa, which, incidentally, I walked to together with Jianming from Bugis, we took the NEL back to Hougang where Jianming was supposed to take 89 home from the bus stop at my house. He was telling me about how he enjoyed irritating Janet by smsing her quotes taken from her blog, and I came across the brilliant idea of grabbing my uncle's car and going to pick her for supper. And unlike a million of my other brilliant ideas, we actually implemented it. Picked her up at Eunos MRT and went to 126 for dim sum. Yummy tear-jerking char siew pau, friend prawn roll, prawn chee cheong fan, and hak kao(however u spell it).

The adventures of The Eating Machine continued at the tao huay place along gelyang where we, had soya bean milk and I, a you tiao. Then Sheena came, and I had a bowl of tao huay. And now, I'm starting to get hungry again. Time to sleep, Time to sleep! Church tomorrow!


A photo completely unrelated to this post, but I like it! To my new fans, that's Jasmin, my favourite cousin. =)

No comments: