Sunday, October 01, 2006

a million and one + a million and one = 0

I've a million and one things to do. And I'm doing a million and one things other than the million and one things that I'm supposed to do. The former million and one things refer to things that will yield positive results in important areas of my life such as school, and my fate in an as-of-yet unstarted software firm that might provide the dough I so badly need to live the life I'm living, doing the million and one things that I'm not supposed to be doing. Which brings me to the million and one things that I have been doing that occupies the bulk of my time, leaving me only thin slices of time to accomplish the million and one things that I should be doing.

So what exactly have I been doing? I've been sipping martinis at Morton's in the Oriental Hotel and saketinis at Keyaki's in Pan Pacific. I've had lobster and caviar at 4, Rochester Park along with a magnificent tenderloin. On another occasion, I had a terrible steak at Jerry's BBQ and Grill at Club that first came in medium doneness when I asked for rare, and a tough, rubbery rare after I had it returned. The escargots, beer, and wings were great though.

I tasted the supposed best chicken pie in town - Don's Club or something, ate vietamese beef noodles from Holland V, watched an award-winning french film with a disappointing and abrupt ending - l'enfant, watched the first 10 episodes of the third season of One Tree hill, and drank a few bottles of beer. I played bridge in the wee hours of the morning, watched climbing videos on youtube, drove around Singapore trying to find my way from point A to B, getting hopelessly lost, and arriving eventually after contributing to global warming by burning lots of petrol ... the list goes on.

I am now going to start on one of the million and one things I'm supposed to do, finish up my part of the nusensation project that I'm working on with Daryl and Qingwei, before maybe going to Ikea and getting some cultery .. and a bottle opener; it sucks to have to borrow a bottle opener everytime I feel like a beer.

A mid-term test is coming up of which I am totally unprepared for. Gotta start studying. I've finally visited a cute little doggy at the Pet Hotel in Pasir Ris that my mum has been bugging me for weeks to. I've finished filming a video for my Management module. And I've completed a few surveys for the same module. So I'm not exactly unproductive. But then again, I've a lot more to do, and I failed my maths test with 23/50.

A million and one things are difficult enough to accomplish without having a million and one other things distracting you. Oktoberfest's coming up.

No comments: