Thursday, October 12, 2006

Save my fingers.

My fingers ache. All 6 of them, save my thumbs and pinkies. I've been climbing really hard, and trying my best not to crimp every single tile I lay my hands on, but still, the first joints on my fingers are swollen and the middle joints hurt when I towel dry my hair.

And yet, I still suck. Had a mock competition recently, organised by NUS and with participants from NUS, NTU and TP. I was in the intermediate category and managed a grand total of 1 out of 4 bonuses and 0 tops. Great huh. There's a consolation though; I managed to finished one of the four problems last night, on my 20++th try. It was a relatively simple problem on the tsunami wall that started off low with a crimper to a inverted slopper on the side wall. Then it's a far left towards the center of the wall to a pink rounded pincher. The next move is a toe hook under the slopper and a quick slap on the edge of the side wall before launching towards a big H-shaped tile on the crest of the tsunami. The next 2 seconds or so will be spent swinging wildly as you desperately try to bring your legs back to the wall and on to the pink pincher and throw a left hand up to grab a crimper, drop your right knee towards the left while you pull yourself up reach for a semi-nice crimper with your right hand. Share that semi-nice crimper and bring your left leg up to the first crimper. Grab a third crimper on the right, sit in on your left leg, and mantle yourself up and over the tsunami wall. The end. Weeli can probably complete the route in one attempt. Haha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MOISTURIZE.