Saturday, December 16, 2006

Blind

Imagine being almost blind; -8.5 in the left eye and -6.5 in the right. Imagine putting on your contact lens and placing your spectacles beside the toilet basin on the first story of your mother's house.

You come back at night, happily shower, and remove your contact lens. Now, you're blind. And, your spectacles are nowhere to be found. Lost. Searching everywhere in the toilet turns up nothing. You make your way blindly through a dimly-lit living room, and up a narrow spiral staircases, avoiding statues and ornaments by memory and arrive at your room on the second level. You fumble through the room to a table, where, laid neatly in its case, lies your spectacles.

Wouldn't it trigger a WTF feeling? And it's a confounding yet hapless kind of WTF, cause it was your kindly mother who brought your spectacles in your room in an effort to keep things organized. Maybe she should bring my contact lens solution and case up to my room so I can remove my lens there. Or maybe she should just leave my stuff where I leave them..

No comments: