Monday, December 11, 2006

Purple mystery

In light of the tiny uproar on my tag board, I think I better clear the air regarding the what-was-shaun-doing-in-a-purple-dinosaur-suit question =)

It was a $80 job in which I worked from 1pm to 2pm as a mascot for some company's children event in NUH. Did it as a favor to my dearest pseudo-sis, Zixin, but it turned out to be pretty fun and satisfying except for the fact that the costume was so poorly designed that the eye-holes were way above my head, resulting in me being a blind purple dragon. The suit was was 3 layer thick, including a fake belly and chunky feet. I couldn't see the kids unless i pressed down on the dragon head or lifted my snout with my hand so that I could look through the cloth underneath it. Quite silly really.

Seeing the little kids smile, shaking their hands, posing for photos, ruffling their hair with my purple 4-fingered gloved hands were .. nice. Despite the sweat dripping into my eyes and the helplessness of almost being semi-blind, I actually enjoyed myself! Although one or two kids did cry .... shuddup weeli .. it's not my fault. They were afraid of dragons.

No comments: