Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm such a cliche. I'm feeling nostalgic. Perhaps it's the combined factors of ending both a year's stay in hostel and a six month relationship that stirred this loneliness, this sense of emptiness. This is what happens when you get attached to things of the world, things that are transient, love which is conditional, treasures that rot and pursuits likened to a chasing after the wind.

We need those things to survive. We need money, we need companionship, we need a sense of belonging to groups, cliques where you feel understood, where you feel secure. What is within our control is the paths we choose to take in those pursuits. How do we select a companion, how do we decide how much money is enough, and how do we obtain that money. Who we choose to fellowship with determines the kind of person we become. And so on .. and so forth.

The ending of my exams feel more like a pebble sliding off my back instead of the proverbial huge load. I feel just as stressed, just as many things in my life. In fact, the exams were almost a respite, an excuse to indulge in books, in attempts to study, to lament together with everybody that the exams are a major pain in the butt. Now, I have real stuff to settle, something which my lazy, lazy ass is finding extremely hard to handle. I will though, don't worry. Less time being emo, more time working!

No comments: