Monday, June 04, 2007

pumpfest 2007

Yes folks, the last bouldering competition for the year 2007 is over. Pumpfest 2007 left me feeling the same way Rockmaster 2007 did; I need to train more! Gosh, sometimes I think I never learn. How did things go? A picture paints a thousand words:

Yup. Tired and smiling. I enjoyed myself, although I didn't finish a single route. Got my trembling hand on 2 of the ending tiles, but due to -ahem- fatigue and an unannounced vacation taken by my brain, I didn't finish them. Placed 35 out of 60 climbers, with 3 bonus tiles. Shrug, I had fun. And a million thanks to Japheth and Geri who hung around and waited for me, the 50th climber to emerge from the oven of an isolation tent. Japheth's also the photographer who took these great photos.

Bumped into Kenny and Sze gay while I was waiting to do the fourth route. Quite a joy meeting old friends. Lots of laughter that is unfortunately difficult to translate into words. I think I've been reading too much of a certain person's blog and picked up the author's narrative style. I feel bored just typing this.

The night was spent having finger food and beer at .. I can't spell and lazy to google, a German restaurant in vivocity with the school team while my friends celebrated Edwin's birthday elsewhere.

Yup everybody but me. And Jeryd who was taking the photo.


Headed down to party world to join them for KTV and found only the two pairs of love birds, Jasmin + Edwin and Jeryd + Pamela. Promptly fled to Minds Cafe where I played I'm the Boss! with Jianming, Daryl and Qingwei.

You guys should check the game out some time! Play only with close, really really close friends though, you wouldn't want to quarrel with and lose acquaintances over a board game of deceit, cunning, greed, and betrayal. Loads of fun! I won the first game with $54 million bucks but was trumped by the sly Jianming in the second game with $76 million. Don't be deceived by his innocuous exterior man, that guy's a wily fox =D

That's all for now!

No comments: