Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Alive in Canada

I'm still alive. Facebook is killing the blogging star. Why blog when Facebook is so much more convenient, at least where posting photos is concerned. The last I checked, I've over 700 photos on Facebook, gosh. I don't write much on Facebook though, so here's an attempt at regaining some writing ability while listening to mandarin songs.

Speaking of mandarin, the term used for mainland Chinese here is FOB, as in, Fresh Off the Boat. Interesting, eh? Not a very nice thing to say, but yeah, interesting.

I've one more week in Waterloo before my last day of exams and getting kicked out of residence the next day. Unlike NUS which at least is merciful about moving in/out dates, the students here are only allowed to move in one or two days before term starts, and have to leave 24 hours within the end of their last paper. Quite ridiculous if you ask me.

Where will I be going after that? Chicago, for two nights, and after that I've no idea. Maybe New York City. Then it's back to Toronto before coming back to Sunny Singapore. I'm positive that I'll melt as soon as I step out of Changi Airport. Double digit temperatures are rare here, and when that happens, everybody goes out in tee shirts; girls in skirts(:D).

Just as how I miss my friends in Singapore while I'm here, I'm sure as hell going to miss all the cool people I've been hanging out with here. As how Japheth put it recently, it's cool to sit down at a table and ask "so where's everybody from?". Ask that in Singapore and you'll get quizzical looks and "er, Hougang?".

I'm glad I'm coming home though. I miss all you guys back home! I'm coming homeeeeeeeee.



----------------
Now playing: 陶喆 - 愛我還是他
via FoxyTunes

No comments: