Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm been a little too lazy to blog. Work's good; I find myself doing similar work to the other engineers and it feels good on one hand, but then again I've only been doing this for a month and I'm already tired of it.

OpenBSD and CentOS are cool I suppose, but being locked in a server farm or office interacting with only a black screen and white text can get extremely depressing. Coding is not much of an improvement either.

I guess a good job to have would be one that requires me to be mobile; having lunches/drinks with clients, trying to sell some big ticket product or service. Mobile is good. Extremely Mobile, ie. traveling abroad, would be even better.

Thursdays are official Dumb Days. I'm getting far too old for two hour sleeps.

I read Memnoch the Devil again. It's still captivating, but this time it didn't screw my mind all that much. I see the flaws in her story, and it's not halfway as convincing the second time round as it was the first. Still, check it out - Anne Rice's Memnoch the Devil. And the takeaway quote by Lestat:

"I don't like myself you know. I love myself. I'm devoted to myself till my dying day. But I don't like myself."
- Lestat

No comments: