Sunday, August 31, 2008

SNDC

Sheares celebrated National Day a couple of days ago, and the guest of honor was some minister. He gave a speech of which I mostly ignored, focusing instead on the rubber of a chicken chop they served for dinner.

I looked up when he mentioned that he had just came from a session in parliament where they debated on having a by-election. I was interested to know the conclusion but I was sitting all the way at the other end of the hall and could not really make out his words. I did hear something along the lines of how young people these days can only see suntec city, and orchard road but forget what happened during the 1960s racial riots. Yes, I know, what the fuck has a by-election got to do with racial riots? Shrug. Maybe that's why I'm not invited to any tea parties. Political maneuvers are lost on me.

He went on to tell a story about a king without a thumb. It's a dumb story, and its moral is simply that "things could have been worse". I don't know about you, but it seems to me that when a country's leaders start talking like that, it's time to start worrying a little.

Screw that, here are some photos :)



---------------
Now playing: Oasis - Slide Away (Acoustic)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: