Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exchange Joy

There are somethings as a student you'll only do while on exchange. Answering a question like this is one of them. I believe I typed this while drunk and 1 hour before the dateline.

1.1) If you give a copy of your transcript to a prospective employer, is that

information? If you show that same transcript to your dog, is it still

information?

Answer: The transcript is information to a prospective employer because in the context of employment seeking, a transcript is both useful and meaningful. The transcript will influence the employer’s decision of whether to employee me. In that way, the transcript makes a difference.

With that in mind, my dog will probably find the paper the transcript is printed on a lot more useful than the information it contains. The data presented in the transcript will neither be meaningful to my dog, nor will it make any difference in its life.

No comments: