Thursday, September 25, 2008

A million other things

And yes, I'm blogging once again when I should be doing a million other things. Sounds familiar? I remember a post similar to this sometime last year. Things are dire now though; I'm working, or rather, supposed to be working, on an asp.net project. Problem? I've no experience with the .NET framework, and self-learning's a bitch to me.

Maybe I'm not cut out for the IT field. And I've a business law essay to write, of which, of course, I've not started. Perhaps I'm not cut out for that.

What then, did Almighty God imbue me with, if neither math, nor programming, nor writing can I count as my forte.

I'm been trying to read a little of Friedrich Nietzsche's work. "Antichrist", despite it's intriguing sounding title, I find almost unreadable. He comes across more like a whiny, sarcastic teenager than a true adversary of God. His other musings about morality, honesty, and various other subjects interest me though. So if my later posts start reflecting similar views, you know who to blame.

Is honesty, truly the best policy? House said in one particular episode that there's a reason why everybody lies; it works, it's what makes society tick, and what separates Man, from Beast. Lying though, requires the invention of twenty other lies to cover any one. I read that in Nietzsche, but I've no idea if it originated from him.

How then, shall we live? In partial truths, one finds many friends. Does even the almighty reveal the full story? Did God incarnate speak plainly? Of course it's to protect our finite minds that certain truths are withheld. It follows then that it's to protect the gentler nature of the interlocutor that we dish out half-truths.

Wrapped, I know. But it makes for good reading, doesn't it? And that's why, my friend, you return again and again to read my writing. Do I believe in everything that I write? Maybe partially. There you go, another half-truth for ya.

No comments: