Thursday, January 01, 2009

All that lies ahead

At this exact same moment a year ago I was on a plane to London where I was to transit and head to Toronto, Canada.

The advent of the new year of 2008, Singapore time, went past uneventfully on board the plane. Probably Japheth turned to me and mumbled "Happy new year", but that's about it.

The advent of the new year of 2008, Canada time caught me sleeping in Destination Inn, Waterloo, exhausted from the traveling and suffering from jet lag.

What followed for the next 5 months however, was nothing short of amazing.

The first day saw me attempting to smoke in temperatures so cold my exposed fingers hurt and tramping around in -23 degrees weather doing nothing more important than making snow angels.


Then of course there was the crazy term spent in the University of Waterloo.

And the first sip of Canadian beer..

Watching my first ice hockey match..

..And baseball game

Made myself at home

Found out that RFs can be cool

Partied like C R A Z Y



And of course, made several good friends. It's impossible to chronicle all I did on exchange, so I shalln't try. Just well .. check out the photos on facebook. Haha.

Life after Canada has been .. crazy as well. I'm not proud of some of the things I did in the later half of '08. I made many mistakes, and .. now I'm lazy to continue typing.

Happy new year folks.

----------------
Now playing: Radiohead - (Nice Dream)
via FoxyTunes

No comments: