Tuesday, January 06, 2009

School

I have a tendency to forget or screw up important stuff, resulting in me having to do a lot more shit to compensate.

For example, I did not bother calculating and planning the modules that I have to take to graduate, and now I have to overload a term just to graduate in time. That's not such a big deal, but I also forgot to do the module preference exercise where we can indicate the modules we want to take this term and they will be allocated to us.

As a result .. I've to write emails like this begging for a place.

Dear Prof,

To design and produce an innovative product or service has been the dream and goal that I have held together with a couple of close friends since my secondary school days.

We have pursued several opportunities ranging from the mundane like offering IT solutions to small businesses and home users, to revolutionary uses of existing technology such as interfacing with the built-in cameras on mobile phones to lead users to electronic content from traditional media such as papers. Unfortunately, Zapcode was released shortly after we started work on the technical aspect of our project, and we abandoned it in disappointment.

Some of my friends have entered the working world since, and seem to almost have lost the drive for entrepreneurship. To be honest, I too had resigned myself to a similar fate, hoping to get a position as an associate in a consulting firm and working my way towards being a Business Analyst.

When I found out that this module, Digital Entrepreneurship is being offered, it reignited a spark for entrepreneurship in me. I remember the excitement that comes with brainstorming with friends and coming up with something that at that moment we were all convinced was going to take the world by storm.

I would like to try again, but this time I want to be prepared. That is why I want to take this module.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best Regards
Shaun Lim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah. so true..


let me know if you got in bro..

valeriejayne. said...

if i were a prof who didn't know how students these days can get, i would give you this module and pay special attention to grooming you! nicely written (: