Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wine-ed

My first thought upon waking this morning was - "Why am I wearing my watch?". Next, I realized I had a contact lens in my right eye, and that there was a fragrance of dried vomit over me. I reached into my back pocket, and found a squashed pack of fags; which incidentally, I have no recollection buying.

What happened to me? Freeflow wine, and Kiasu-ism.

Winebos over at clark quay has an excellent promotion - $18++ for freeflow wine and tapas from 6pm to 8pm.

Wine, however, gets to me really, really quickly. And hits awfully hard. I don't even remember paying, which means I must have been wasted even before we left the place. Apparently I went berserk, falling over everywhere, throwing stuff around(including my phone, which ended up with Boyan), yelling, and wrestling Kenneth to the ground. I hear he has a gash on his palm. Poor guy.

I never knew I was a violent drunk. And I never, never expected to be such a lightweight. I was the only one drunk. I had what, 6, or maybe 7 glasses of wine. 3 Reds, and hm .. I think 5 whites. So that makes 8 glasses of wine. Me, drunk over so little alcohol. Embarrasing.

And I scrapped my knees. No more sculling wine.

Oh, and incidentally, I missed the submission for an assignment. Got a friendly email today:

Dear Shaun,

I have not received your submission on Friday. Please let me know when I can expect it.

Pls send it both to Workbin and by e-mail, so that I know it’s been sent.

Thanks.

(Prof's name here)

To which I replied:

Dear Sir,

I have just uploaded the assignment to the workbin. Am also attaching it to this email for your convenience.

I sincerely apologized for the delay in submission. To be perfectly honest, I went for a wine and tapas buffet last evening and got a little too enthusiastic in drinking. Got drunk and only woke up a short while ago. Sorry, won't happen again!

Best Regards
Shaun Lim

2 comments:

Jess Joseph said...

Very honest, Shaun!

valeriejayne. said...

only you will have the audacity to come up with such a perfectly truthful excuse. why not just a sophisticated version of 'the dog ate my homework'? though that's just not you, huh