Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Such a lovely place, Such a lovely face

It has been three weeks since I came to California. Predictably, I'm not done unpacking; there's still stuff in my luggage and scattered around my mattress on the floor. Apart from that I'm pretty much settled though. I've started work, got myself a car, got the car insured and registered, bought furniture, ensured a steady supply of beer at home and cooked a couple of times.

I'm still waiting for the Bank of America to send me my debit card that they promised to send 5 working days from the day I applied - 27th July. Heck, even the social security administration's more efficient; I received my social security card in the mail today. This means my company can start putting me on their payroll, and that I can get a cell plan and a new phone. It ain't cheap though, and weighing the benefits of getting an iphone 3gs and the cost involved is giving me a headache.

There's so much to say but I'm tired and I've work tomorrow. Ironically, although I'm the only one among my housemates who has a car, I leave home the earliest. Parking in Palo Alto is a bitch, and if I arrive too late at the Caltrain carpark, I don't get a lot and am condemned to shifting my car every two hours from zone to zone (there's a free parking limit of 2 hours per zone) until sometime after lunch when I can try my luck again at the Caltrain carpark.

There's an awesome climbing gym less than 5 minutes from my place that offers fitness and yoga classes as well. I tried the "Abs and Core" program and will probably do yoga this week. The climbing facilities are fantastic and I've made a friend. I wish you guys were here though.

When I sit at home and sip good beer, when I cook, and when I take in beautiful sights I wish the people back home could be with me, for life can only be truly enjoyed in the company of friends.

Yes, I know this post isn't very well written. In fact, I find myself second guessing my tenses and grammar these days. I need to read, and write a hell lot more.

Drop me a message every now and then, friends, life isn't the same without you.

1 comment:

V said...

i wanna sip good beer too!