Sunday, September 12, 2004

Even educated fleas do it

Jazz is playing softly in the background. I smile when I hear the saxophone, remembering what Jun said about "jazzy music" and the saxophone in particular. I definately have to stock up on more jazz tunes =)

Life is good. My muscles are aching, skin is sore in several places, part of a fingernail on my right hand chipped off, with a cute little open wound on the same finger, and I'm pretty sleep-deprieved. But, life is good. Why? In danger of sounding like Jeryd(you guys really have to check his blog out, the word "mushiness" was coined for him), I'll say having Jun in my life makes it beautiful.

I remember the lyrics of a song by Depeche Mode that goes, "all the things I detest, I will almost like". This is true with Jun, she introduced me to chocolate ice cream, Ben and Jerry's "Phish Food" to be exact. We shared a tub of it last night, and it was, wonderfully delicious. I don't like chocolate, and don't really like ice-cream, but the "Phish Food" rocked! All the things I detest, I will almost like =)

Oh I have to explain why my muscles are aching and my skin is sore. Nothing romantic about that. Participated in arguably Singapore's biggest bouldering event of the year, Climb On Singapore! It was held at Palawan Beach, Sentosa, with over 30 boulder routes, of which I tried only .. 12? I almost died. Seriously almost died, my bones and muscles were protesting in agony at the unfair punishment I was subjecting them to. I had abrasions on my chest and forearms from scrambling up a huge artificial rock, complete with a rough surface expected on natural rocks.

I tired out halfway through the competition - you know you're pumped out and gone when you can't even lift your ass off the mat on a sit-start route. Baby-sitted Eujing, Weeli's brother, who wanted to go swimming in the sea, but couldn't as his mother didn't want to let him go unsupervised in the water. Shaun was there to save the day. Haha. He's 8 actually, but looks and behaves like he's 6. Really cute. I'm not saying he's dumb though, in fact I think he's rather intelligent, with good vocab. Can't think of any examples off hand but I remember being surprised when he used certain words when we were playing.

We co-operated in building a well right where the tide ends, me building the well, and he building a sea wall in front of the well to protect it. Haha, we had fun, and I felt young again. After some time I realise it was a pretty futile effort though, cause the sand only holds together cause it's wet, and by keeping the water away from the sand, it dries up, and starts to crumble. On the other hand, the tide comes in, and with every contact with the front wall of the well, some sand gets washed away. I could spend a life time protecting and rebuilding the damn thing. It was fun, while it lasted, but an announcement by the Emcee that there were packets of Nasi Lemak going for $1.50 caused a swift change in my attention. Oh .. I had 2 packets. Yummy.

A song from the De-lovely soundtrack goes "Let's do it .. let's fall in love!" after arguing that birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it. Well, on a slightly less romantic note, dung beatles push shit around, should we do it too? Haha. Anyway, let's fall in love! Hey, waitaminute, I AM in love =)

Oh .. and I missed church today. Sorry .. let's just say I was too tired. Will make it next week! =)

No comments: