Thursday, September 16, 2004

smu

I'm sitting at a wooden benchtable, you know, those tables with 2 benches on either side of them? Yeah, those. What do people call those anyway? Benchtable sounds pretty okay to me.

Maybe it's where I am. I think I'm in the ISM, Information..Studies..Managment(?) building in SMU, and the people who I encountered thus far have been anything but "cool" man. Isn't the the common assumption? That SMU students are cool? With the recent news articles about the "SMU difference" and the rumours, legends and myths that erm, SMU girls..and guys I'm sure, are hotter than others.

Ok, let me describe the people who walked past me. The worse was this nerdy looking clown. I did my staring thing again; those of you who hang around me will realise I have this weird tendency to stare/gawk at people whom I think are with ridiculous looks or behaviour? What right do I have to judge? None. I'm mean. Buzz off.

Back to that guy. The first thing I noticed was the dated westlife song, emitting from _somewhere_. I looked up, and saw this clown, in khakis I think - can't really remember, with jet black hair side parted and gelled smoothly down. A laptop was in his right hand, clutched to his side, the way people carry books, and the westlife song was playing on it's speakers. Hrms, I realise my descriptive skills aren't excellent, but I hope you get the picture. He was slithering his way to the vending machine located on my left, dragging his feet and I think trying to look cool. I just stared .. followed his progress as he bought his drink and slithered back in the direction he came from. Only after he was out of my side did the words come to my mind .. "WHAT THE FUCK?!" I don't know if he was trying to be cool or what, being a walking jukebox and all, just to get a drink. Wtf. He certainly didn't impress me. Wait a minute, now that I'm typing this, I realise there might be another reason for his behaviour. Like me, he might be alone with his laptop. That would explain why he had to bring his laptop along while he gets a drink! Ah .. but then again, that doesn't explain the cheesy westlife song nor the smug expression he had on his face. "helloooooo girls..i have a lappie, and i listen to cool westlife songs! want me?" I think I'm just being mean. Haha.

I just realised that I spent a couple of paragraphs just describing that guy, and I've lost interest in describing the rest. Let's just say a lot of uncool people trying to be cool walked past me. There was one wearing 3/4 slacks, slippers, a t shirt, and a stripped long-sleeves shirt. And he had the same smug expression. Wtf. And then there are the typical geeks, which I do not have a problem with .. t-shirts, gold-rimmed specs, jet black short hair, blue jeans. Yeah. I'm a geek too. So no complains about them. Haha ;D

Anyway, what the hell am I doing in SMU anyway, you ask. I'm waiting for Jun. She has dance, and I'm entertaining myself till 9pm till she's done and we'll go for supper. I'm hungry man. Just had dinner at 6, but that's besides the point. hungry hungry hungry!

er wait..a cute girl just walked past...ok make that 3. one walked off and two stopped at the benchtable in front of me. Hrms..ok.

Jun, I was just observing, not gawking. You're the best :D

(i just overheard a conversation between a gay-looking fitster student and his tutor, or so i assume. like shit, they were talking about CINDERALLA, in a damn serious tone. The guy was talking the element of reward involved in the story, that cinderalla was all nice and subservient only because she wanted the reward of a fairy godmother giving her what she wants. Then, the tutor said that cinderalla didnt have a choice, cause she was an orphan.

cinderalla didnt freaking know that the fairy godmother exists. Guy minus one point. (tutor just said "the idea of a fairy godmother is something very powerful")

Hrms, i like the tutor's accent. and now she's talking about how people always want riches, and well..basically good stuff..without work..without effort. Good..Good. "want to be smart..but dont want to study..want to be rich..but dont want to work. thats why they yearn for a fairy god mother to give them what they want without work"

I think the guy is a student in scriptwriting or something. vvv interesting. I like smu. hrms, and the gay guy knows the 2 girls. they all have nice english accents. oo and the gay guy has trying-to-be-cool hair too. he has short black hair with a little blond streak at the back. like someone dabbed the back on his head with gold paint. *shrug*

now the tutor is talking about chinese opera, and the its possible evolution. part of it is that modern chinese opera uses more realistic make up, in contrast to traditional chinese opera that was sacred and used unrealistic make up. ah..wtf. thats it im gonna stop writing down what i hear. bye!)

No comments: