Thursday, January 19, 2006

Now look 'ere

Take a sit, listen to me rant.

I'm always find myself alone with no lunch! Damn, I'm hungry. I had grand plans. Plans that include going to Hougang Mall, grabbing a quick lunch, camping a bit in the library, and reading up on Visual Basic .NET. Things got a de-railed when I decided to watch a recorded tv program that I missed last night. Fiona Xie, Jacelyn Tay and Ann Kok in a single show - it would be sacrilegious not to watch right? ;) Anyway the acting's pretty good you know, for a local production.

Anyway, now I'm hungry again. Sometimes it gets so irritating, being hungry. Why can't hunger be a function in the body that can be switched on and off. Before a grand meal, switch hunger on. Before a buffet, set hunger to Maximum Damage. Before departing for field camp, set hunger to Zero.

Angela. I went ice skating with her yesterday, all the way in Jurong. Me going down from Hougang, and her from NTU. Unfair eh. Anyway with the great new(ok not so new) NEL, the journey to Jurong East MRT took less than 50mins! Maybe I shouldn't stay in Hall in NUS after all. I'll need all the spare time I can gather to help Jianming n the guys in their business. But Hall has babes .. hrms. Business = money, money before babes, so Business priority setting > babes.

I was talking to Wesley recently about cars. I asked him why he hasn't bought a car, with his 2k+ salary as an AMD engineer. He says he has to save up for a house. So, here's my take on this. When do people usually buy a flat? When they're marrying right? Before marriage, you need a girlfriend, and before you get a girlfriend, you need to attract them. And to attract a girl, a car would certainly help. So wouldn't getting a car first be a much better idea?

Now, before you slam me as being materialistic, think abt this. Let us say that you, a guy, walk into a store, a restaurant, etc and spots this incredibly attractive girl. You walk up to her, ask her what time her shift ends, and that you'll pick her up after work. Do you pick her up, and walk to the train station of bus stop, or walk her to your car? It's just really lame to tell a girl you'll pick her up, then walk over to the bus stop. No? It's okay when you're younger, but when you're 27 years old, it doesn't reflect very well on your status.

I digressed, again. I was talking about ice skating with Angela. Skating in Singapore is a really pathetic affair. The rink's already ridiculously small, and they still cordoned off a big area for their private lessons. The rink isn't public friendly. It's just a very sad affair. I had fun, but it was more of the company and the conversation, and not the skating. 2 big strides and it's time to turn, kinda like swimming in a cruise's swimming pool. Kick kick, turn, kick kick, turn. Gosh.

We went then, to IMM, and had swedish meatballs in Ikea. Enjoyed myself. Sometimes it's good to go out with a girl, even if she's just a friend.

I'm still hungry. Supposed to go blading with Jia An later. And I really need to study. I need to eat.

We walk around with an array of lens from which we choose one to affix onto our eyes when we're looking into a particular situation or at a particular person. Our notions, perceptions, and interpretations of what the situation is, or what the person is doing, is influenced by the lens we place over said subject.

Hey Janet, have u finished wizard and glass yet?

Adrenaline is flowing through my blood. Throw me a world, and I will probably say I can conquer it. Times like this I wish I can just upload the entire world's knowledge into my brain. Then I'll be an instant genius in every field known to man, and have the substance to back my ego. Call me lazy, insane, bored. No. IM JUST HUNGRY.

Ok, time to send winrar.exe to weeli. that troublesome little fish. =D

No comments: