Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Bliss @ Punggol Park

Shalene's recommendation left me staring enviously across the table at Daryl's bottle of Hoegaarden. I just took a sip from it, and it was comparatively better than my own glass of Stella Artois.

My Stella Artois arrived in a bottle, and being the beer connoiseur wannabe that I am, I asked for a glass. The helpful waitress came with, of all things, a tiger mug, and proceeded to pour the Stella into the mug. My poor Stella was then placed in front of me - foamless. There wasn't a foam head! Images of beautiful Erdinger with gorgeous foam heads flashed passed my mind, and I wished immediately that I was in good ol Bark Cafe and not Bliss.

Let us digress a little to Bark Cafe where they serve Erdinger off the tap, like in Marche. It's a little expensive at $12 per pint before tax, but the quiet ambience and exceptional service more than makes up for it. Oh, and it helps that they know how to properly serve a beer. Drinking an Erdinger there is an experience that ought to be savoured at least once every few days. =)

On a brighter note, this weekend has been declared BOOZING TIME! Wooohooo! Two nights of boozing. I'm so excited, I can hardly decide where to go, and what to drink! So many choices, only 1 liver!

Jianming's happily in Bangkok, so it's just Jia an, Daryl and I. Maybe Jasmin will come along. That beer freak. Haha. Now, kids, this is a classic case of the stove calling the kettle black. *grin* Anybody wanna come along?

No comments: