Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ah .. one step closer to heaven. Er, no pun intended.

I finally chilled and opened one of the four bottles of beer my mum bought me from Germany. I had some difficulty opening the bottle, and embarrassingly enough, it was Jasmin who popped it open, immediately filling my senses with the sweet, sweet smell of beer. Good beer.

I poured the beer into a glass, brought it under my nose for a sniff before taking a sip. Disappointing really. I had high hopes for this beer, and the first taste reminded me of Heineken, which isn't exactly on my list of good beers. Anyway, the beer left an aftertaste that was similar to that of Hoegaarden and that redeemed it a little.

A couple more sips, and the beer no longer even remotely tastes like Heineken. I wonder if my mind's playing tricks, or that the beer really needed getting used to, but my glass of kellerbier tastes awesome now. My stomach's feeling a little bloated and my lips sticky from the sweetness, but I'm happy. I've another 3 sips maximum left in the glass. All good things must come to an end, huh.

I know why my bottle of Aktien Naturtrubes Kellerbier tastes so much like Hoegaarden now. Both are high in hop content and have low carbonation. Come to think about it, they even have similar colors.

Yum. One more sip, and the experience would be over. At least it lasted longer than .. well .. a lot of things.

One bottle down, Three to go. And ooh, the bottle's recap-able. Deliciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

No comments: