Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Steaks and Me

I love steaks. I absolutely adore them, especially when they're dripping blood with every cut I make. Rare, or medium-rare at most. Recently, I've been getting medium-well to well-done steaks when I eat out. Returning the steaks don't seem to work. The returned steak will taste just as sucky, if not worse. Why? I'm upset. Only Hog's Breath and Outback Steakhouse have not disappoint. Billy Bombers failed me twice, but the returned all-star burger is usually perfect so I'll forgive them.

Earle Swensons at VivoCity. Supposedly Swenson's flagship restaurant with yummy items on grill. Hah. My supposedly bloody steak came well done. It was so obviously well done you can tell just by looking at it. Sent it back. Came back medium. And the marination..hah, what marination?! Salt and pepper and HP sauce after they were done. That was my guess, and the manager confirmed it. What the hell. I understand some people like their steaks without marination. Fine, then either offer specialty sauces on the side, or at least bring the HP sauce in a bottle and not douse it all over my steak!

Apple crumble that was supposed to come with chocolate ice cream came with butterscotch ice cream instead. Flagship? Bah.

Thank God for the great company though =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, can see that you are an avid steak fan. lol. Was wondering, aren't you afraid that your steak will return with an assortment of added "ingredients"?

Although I agree with you that we should always fight for good service and quality, especially when we have paid for them, the fact that these people are in the dark and their freedom of doing anything to what we eat irks me.