Friday, June 01, 2007

Long overdue

My uncle Henry got baptised recently, or more specifically, on the 6th of May this year. That's good news, and a surprising one for those of us who know him well. He has never been what one would call an outwardly devoted Christian. In fact, he scoffs at prayer meetings, sanctimonious church leaders and gets extremely irked whenever one of the unassuming church folks ask him when he was going to get baptised.

Imagine my surprise when shortly after moving home from hall he told me, "Shaun, I'm getting baptised". I shot him a wtf-look before recovering and congratulating him. He seems a changed man! He's happier, more relaxed, and gave an excellent testimony on the day of his baptism. God took him out of his debts, leaving him with a surplus in his bank account for the first time in many years and a resolve to quit his petty gambling habits like soccer betting and jackpot.

Here's my just baptised uncle and his family. He's the very picture of innocence don't you think.

No comments: