Friday, June 01, 2007

Hoegaarden is back!

Remember the depressing news sometime last week or the week before about a drought of draft Hoegaarden in Singapore due to the factory in Belgium relocating and finding the water source disagreeable? Well, seems like they've rectified the problem and started exporting to our thirsty, deprived nation once again, must to the joy of Jianming, Qingwei and I :D

We were talking to Midsummer night breeze.

Shaun(to qingwei): We can have the bucket of 5 Frankiskaner beer.
Qingwei: Oh ya, good idea, since no hoegaarden.
Jianming: WHAT?! No hoegaarden?! Then what are we here for?!!
Shaun(to jianming): Didnt you hear about the drought..
Jianming: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyway, I took the opportunity to make the two audio recordings for my speech therapy. The English one I did relatively painlessly with Qingwei, and the Chinese one, tortuously with Jianming whose command of the Chinese language is many, many, times mine. It was excruciating for both of us to conduct the 10-minute conversation with me asking every couple of mins "eh what is ___ in chinese?!" and Qingwei laughing in the background. I hope they don't disqualify the recording because of that. -shoots qingwei dirty look-.


Jianming the effectively bilingual PC Doctor

Qingwei the Red. Where's Orange.

I want to go to the PC fair ... but .. all my attached friends want to/went with their other halves. Thanks guys! I'll find someone to go with me! I have .. till tomorrow. gosh. Oh, speaking of tomorrow, it's pumpfest, the last bouldering competition for 2007 and judging from the condition of my body and fingers, I am woefully unprepared.

Gotta run, speech therapy at 1130am then maybe I'll head down to nus for a short climb/swim. Check out Billy Joel's "The longest time" if you have not already. Awesome =)

Met Sheryl for dinner yesterday at Kovan and saw this encouraging sign:



What does the existence of this sign tell us? That SBS Transit deems the general public too stupid to determine the direction a particular escalator is going? The sign is only in English though, so maybe the aunties and uncles who don't understand English have no problem with the escalators, only the educated, or at least those educated enough to be English literate. Or maybe they expect the older folks to take the lift so no point warning them about the scary upriding escalator.

Perhaps some retard fell cause he/she tried to ride the upriding escalator down, sent a complaint to SBS Transit, threatened to sue and all, prompting them to erect that silly sign. So folks, BEWARE, Upriding escalator!

I'm running late. gosh.

No comments: