Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Laughs

I like to sit and watch the world pass by. I want to sit holed up in a comfortable library stocked with every book worth reading and for time to stop till I finish every single one of them.

Reality's not like that though. So here's a laugh! It's funny, at least to me.

I was sitting alone in NUS internal bus shuttle A1 when I heard a snippet of a conversation going on behind me. One guy in a i'm-trying-to-impress accent and the other in a slightly awed voice.

Mr Impressive : "Anything routine is just BLAH"
Mr Awed : (in a hesitant voice) "Would..you say your job now(sic) is routine?"
Mr Impressive : (pause) "Life is a routine."

Quite funny, no?

Anyway I know this is incredibly tactless and maybe a little mean, but I can't resist it. Apologies to Janna who obviously blogged this with great emotion:

have you ever thought how nice and sweet a relationship would be if it doesn't have problems, if it doesnt bring the pain that often comes with loving?

Isn't that like saying how the world will be "nice and sweet" without poverty, war, natural disasters? Wouldn't the world be sweet if everybody's beautiful, smart, and just? Wouldn't the world be perfect without sin? Anything would be "nice and sweet" without problems. That's why problems are called problems, right?

But then again, there's nothing wrong with clinging on to a little innocence and naivety, there's enough cynicism going around.

When people are in love they declare that their partner is the best in the world. Some shout it from the mountain tops. I know I did, at least once, when the then girlfriend took exceptional care of me when I was sick. BUT, throughout the course of the relationship she did other things that made and makes me sick just thinking of them. People are complicated.

Usually I remain good friends with girls I've dated though. Here's Jun and I =)



----------------
Now playing: Fuel - Shimmer
via FoxyTunes

No comments: