Sunday, November 18, 2007

Blood

Check out the Hooha cafe along Pasir Panjang Road. They claim to have the best steaks in the region, and I must agree; they have the best steaks in the price region - $32.90 for a 200g cut of tenderloin.

The steak comes unmarinated, with a choice of the usual sauce offerings - herb, garlic, mushroom and their much touted black pepper sauce which I tried. I'm not particularly impressed with the sauce but I must say the steak was cooked, in my opinion, to near perfection. I ordered mine the usual medium rare and was slightly disappointed at the lack of oozing blood upon first cut. That was soon compensated by the melt-in-your-mouth experience when I took my first bite. Yum.

I ended up finishing the steak with only minimal dabs of sauce every now and then. The natural flavor of the beef was enough. Yum.

Ok, enough about yummy stuff, here are the some pics of the diners. None of the food, I'm afraid. The lighting in the restaurant wasn't exactly the most conducive place for my N73 to take decent shots of the steak.


Missing is another diner who left before we took the photos. Suffice to say he's a friend of a friend who spent the whole night futilely trying to AMOG me and afterward remarked to the said friend that my, watch for it, Smoothness worries him and he fears that I'm a Player. Didn't he hear me stutter? Haha.

I'm sorry Daryl and Jianming weren't there to witness my outstanding display of patience and utter lack of condescension though. Ok, maybe not "utter" - I stumbled once or twice. Here's one:

Me: I hear the steak here is really good!
Him: Heh, I'm sure it won't be as good as Harry's.
Me: Harry's? (thinks: huh isn't Harry's a pub)
Him: Yeah, at Oriental.
Me: Oh .. you mean Morton's?
Him: Oh yah yah, the one above Harry's.

Note: There isn't a Harry's in the Oriental Hotel. And yes, there's a Harry's Steakhouse but that's located at the Esplanade.

In other news, I did get full marks for my EJB assignment, but screwed up a previous assignment, making my total practical marks 36/40. On a totally unsour note, Japheth scored 40/40 =) haha.

Also, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is pretty good :)

And you know you've either made an enemy or a fan when someone googles "shaun sheares" and finds your blog:

17 Nov, Sat, 00:59:06 Google: hoegaarden singapore
17 Nov, Sat, 02:27:38 Google: shaun, sheares
17 Nov, Sat, 05:29:33 Google: n73 dead pixels

No comments: