Monday, December 17, 2007

tired

Shanghai makes me tired. I've no idea why, but even though I'm sleeping a lot more than when I'm in Singapore, somehow I just don't wake up feeling as rested. Maybe it's the extensive shopping that's draining me. Haha. Actually maybe it's more of the cold.

I came to Shanghai intending to work on a java project that, to put it nicely, is due soon. Some might say it's long overdue. But .. ah I'll just take it that I have till 28th december, the date of the next swc meeting, to get it done. It might be my passport back to hall when I return from exchange, so I need to get it done, by hook or by crook.

Being in love makes you lose all good sense. Hrms, wait, that sounds like infatuation. Okay, being in love makes you lose all sense of what one should and shouldn't do in a courtship. Remember me saying in a previous post about loving but expressing that love sparingly? Well, that all goes out of the window now that I find myself being in the position of romantically loving someone.

A strange fact about people is that sometimes we only like what others want. That's how fashion trends get started, and also how girls become popular. Guy A gushes to Guy B about Girl L and Guy B gushes to Guy C and Guy D and it spreads like wildfire.

Girls will never turn away chivalry. That makes chivalry one of the most effective ways of winning a girl's heart. Combine it with sincerity and charm, and you'll seldom find a closed door. Lack charm? Load up on the chivalry. It works. Beware of becoming suffocating though. Show concern for the girl, not smother her with attention. Treat her like a lady, not a baby.

Scheme, but Scheme with some cunning. Don't scheme, and get caught. Unskilled scheming insults your mark's intelligence.

I should publish a book - Unsolicited Proverbs by Shaun

I miss good beer. I've been drinking tsing tao and bud. I want my erdinger, my hoegaarden, my little creatures.

I've not cursed in a while.

I've not climbed in a while.

No comments: