Thursday, October 23, 2008

Lucid Dreams

I sat down wide-eyed and clear-headed – a rarity in recent times – and fired up Visual Studio 2005 with every intention of properly starting on my project that’s due in less than a month(gasp!). Clicked “Compile” and out came 103 warnings and 9 errors. I have not written a single line of code; everything was auto-generated, so what the fuck could the problem be? Googled a little, and found that it’s SUPPOSEDLY a bug in Visual Studio.

So now I’m downloading a 430mb service pack for visual studio and well, getting back to bumming. And since I’ve nothing better to do now, I’ll write a little something about a dream I had.

-

I stumbled upon the art of teleportation. Our body exists in it's physical form only because of our soul. Thus, teleportation is achieved not by transporting the body, but the soul. Move the soul, and every atom making up the body will naturally follow.

Laying flat on my back, I simultaneously willed my body down against the bed while willing my soul to yank itself free from every cavity, every cell, every atom. I felt my soul strain upwards against its physical bonds and my mind putting up the toughest fight, clinging on to the soul for all its worth. My jaw clenched tight and my lungs burned as I stopped breathing, focusing solely on the separation of body and soul.

With a liberating jerk I felt my soul break free from the body like a too sticky plaster from skin. It hovered a couple inches above my body that's now gasping for air. The body, once empty of the soul, begins the process of dying and transformation into word food. This is the crucial moment; screw this up, and the soul will have no vessel to return to.

Hurriedly, I put together an image of the destination, putting in as many details as possible and filling the scene with deep vibrant colors. With a tremendous grunt much like how one would drive hilt-deep into a woman, I thrust my soul into the conceived image, feeling the rush as it traveled on some spiritual superhighway at speeds faster than that of light.

The soul arrived almost instantly as particles swirl around its form, taking up the shape of a man, the shape of the very entity the world knows me to be - less the clothes I was wearing. Now, that's a problem that still remains to be solved.

No comments: