Monday, May 25, 2009

For the Love of Lust

I need to write, before the extended hiatus becomes a permanent one when I find that the words no longer flow. And if I am to write, what better topic than one touching on Love and its inseparable companion - Lust. Of course the Love to which I refer to is Romantic Love involving a significant other with whom you're - hopefully - in a relationship with.

Where shall I begin? Ah yes, about how a healthy relationship cannot survive without either one of the two Ls. Lust, without love, leaves only emptiness once sated while love without lust can only be described as platonic.

Whether the lust within the confines of a relationship is allowed to run rampant or is restrained by certain artificial boundaries is immaterial. In a relationship you've to lust - or in more delicate terms - be sexually drawn towards your partner.

The afterglow - the absence or presence of which reflects that of love.

----------------
Now playing: David Cook - Billie Jean
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Jess Joseph said...

Maybe a more appropriate term would be desire instead of lust. "I desire you" instead of "I lust after you". Sounds sweeter, don't you think?

I don't know, lust has all sorts of negative connotations to it. To me lust is when desire is unrestrained & goes out of hand.

Shaun said...

Semantics, my dear :)

Jess Joseph said...

Maybe... but I think it makes a lot of difference when talking about love.

(dictionary.com is my friend)