Saturday, May 30, 2009

Anonymous

"Imagine, perhaps, for a moment that you do not know me. That this blog is just one among millions that you happened to stumble upon. Then, maybe then, I can tell you about the slippery slope, the attempts at redemption, the slammed doors and the continued downward spiral. Heck, it might even be funny every now and then.

I would bare my soul, cast aside the masks and maybe you'll catch a little glimpse of what's lurks far beneath the surface.

The universe conspires to help you achieve whatever your heart desires. Pine for true love, and you'll find it. Chase after the wind, and it's the wind you get. At least that was what a friend was trying to put across earlier today. Straight out of a page from The Alchemist.

Perhaps I need a painting in the attic to bear the sins of my bunburying after the wind. Perhaps I need to conceal and learn that there's good reason why people lie and that the honest truth isn't always appreciated. Alternatively, of course, I could peel off the entire rake persona and chuck it in the attic in place of the painting.

Could there be depth and sincerity in place of barbed retorts and shallow wit? I content by saying the worthy see both. But the world at large is irresistibly drawn towards the one-dimensional. They see the rising and ignore the other houses, they eagerly devour the auguries of the sun while turning a deaf ear to gentle murmurs of the other planets.

The persona of the rake is so developed the vessel's lost without him. What was once a crutch has seized the reins of life. The rake succeeds where the vessel fails. He is strong when the other is weak. The rake charms and cajoles and so twists honesty it becomes almost deceit.

The rake, is not me. At least not yet."

Is this better than the previous post, Grace? I at least, think it's slightly better written. Haha.

----------------
Now playing: Miniature Tigers - Cannibal Queen
via FoxyTunes

No comments: