Thursday, August 03, 2006

Complaint Email to Nokia Asia

Since Nokia Singapore has no interest in responding to my emails, I sent one to Nokia Asia.

-

I bought a N73 on the 31/07/06, and found out later on in the day that the screen is defective with a dead pixel.

On 02/08/06, I took time off my busy schedule to head down to Nokia Care Centre at Wheelock Place in the hopes of getting the defective phone replaced.

Unfortunately, the customer service officer told me that it is against your company's policy to do a one-on-one exchange. Also, she gave me a ridiculous explanation for the reason of the defect. She said that because the camera is 3.2megapixels, it is impossible to get a perfect LCD screen. I might not be a mobile phone expert, but this definately does not make sense.

I insisted on a replacement, and she reluctantly agreed, saying that it will be done in 4 hours.

After 4 hours, I returned to the Nokia Care Centre at Wheelock Place to collect my phone. The customer service officer who returned me the phone did not give me any details on the servicing and did not show me that the problem was rectified.

Luckily, I switched on my phone and checked the screen. To my dismay, I found the same bad pixel at the exact location.

What followed next was the worst customer service experience I have had in my life. I was made to wait over 20 mins, with a customer service officer asking me where the dead pixel was, evidence that even the technicians were not fully aware of the problem.

Twenty minutes later, they told me that they were out of LCD screens and could not do a replacement. No solution was offered, only a nonchalant apology.

Speaking to the manager did not help matters. All I got was the assurance that they would procure the lcd screen replacement by the next day, and repair my handphone in one hour.

Today, 03/08/06, the manager called me, and told me that the entire Nokia Singapore is out of LCD screens for the N73 and that stocks will only come in one or two weeks.

This is unacceptable, and I would appreciate a swift response to this email. I have always been a supporter of Nokia, and it saddens me that I have to go through such a unpleasant experience.

I have emailed Nokia Singapore regarding my nightmare of a customer service experience last night, on 02/08/06, but have yet to receive a response. I emailed them again a short while ago about the shortage of LCD screens, but am not optimistic about receiving a reply.

My faith in your company is shattered due to the terrible customer service and quality control and I will definately not purchase another of your product if this issue is not settled to my satisfaction.

I thank you for reading this email, and would appreciate a swift solution to my problem.

No comments: