Monday, May 28, 2007

argh

I woke up, bleary-eyed, and realised it was 02:59am. Blinked. Then shot up in bed. SHIT. I was supposed to go to Qingwei's house to work on our project, set my alarm at 22:20, then went back to sleep thinking he will call me when he's done. He didn't! He msged instead, obviously not enough to wake this sleeping log up. Argh. I'm so sorry bro.

I did wake up in time to catch a friend of mine on msn who had just been dumped by his girlfriend claiming that "love is fading". Her loss, I say. Love is sure to fade isn't it, especially after a year together. It takes effort on both sides to keep a relationship going, to fan the fire, to appreciate the commitment. I went with said friend to zouk on wednesday and he was the epitome of an attached-clubber-whose-girlfriend's-not-around. He didn't smoke, didn't drink alcohol, didn't dance with girls, saying he's attached and had to be a good boy. Hah, at least he tried, and has nothing to be guilty about.

My longest relationship lasted a year and four months, so I'm not exactly a guru when it comes to keeping the love alive. I have some theories, but I never did get the chance to put them into practice since that particular break up; the other break-ups were not so much due to "love fading" than to .. things that were pretty much out of my control.

Today, I had my first salsa lesson. Left foot forward tap, right foot on the spot tap, left foot back, right foot backward tap, left food on the spot tap, right foot back, and you have your basic step. Haha. Quite fun, even though liz and I were easily the youngest in the class and I ended up dancing with aunties.

Love game plan: find a pretty, single girl. find out whether she's smart and witty. that's the end of the superficial, but to me, totally necessary part. Then, make sure she's a staunch christian, make sure she's in the same phase of life as me, ie, student and won't graduate before me. make sure she knows me, really know me, and of course, I, her. Ah. We'll see.

No comments: