Thursday, August 09, 2007

Adventures of a Climber

SHuai, Sheares Hall's orientation camp was exhausting, so much so that when I slept one night, I locked my door from the outside in the rare chance that someone comes knocking.

After a blissful night's rest, I woke up, walked to the toilet and was having one of the longest pees in my life when I heard a door slam. That was when I remembered locking my door from the outside and that my matric card was still in my room. The pee was still happily flowing though I could only pray that by some miracle the sound of a door slamming wasn't mine but some distant neighbour's.

As luck would have it, it was my door, and the only thing I can be thankful for was that I was fully dressed and not clad in only my dryer-shrunk boxers. THAT would be a nightmare. Anyway, after briefly considering my options, I decided to do a mini Alain Robert, and climb into my room from the first floor.

This was my route:


Credit goes to Japheth who left his climbing shoes in his shoe cabinet, without which I could never have flashed the route. I'll rate it 5C for difficulty and 8A for balls-shrinkingness. Haha.
----------------
Now playing: Franz Ferdinand - The Fallen
via FoxyTunes

No comments: